Top Ten Ways a
Namibian Classroom is like a Tang Soo Do Dojang
according to Sera
The students wear uniforms (that don’t get washed often enough!).
9. The students have to sweep the
room before class every day.
8. Everyone is always hungry,
thirsty, and tired.
7. There is strict protocol for
entering a classroom.
6. Students try to memorize
everything right before the exam.
5. It’s hot!
4. The students live in fear of
3. Students say, “Yes Sir”
and “Yes Miss” whether they understand the instructions or not.
2. Everyone imitates the one
person who actually knows what he/she is doing.
1. The medium of instruction is a
language neither the teachers nor the students really know (and no one can
understand the native speakers of that language).